Eye Exam; How Often?
It is never too early, or late, to have your first eye exam. 80% of all learning is visual. To reach your full potential, and help kids reach theirs, healthy eyes and comfortable, clear vision is vital. The Nigerian Optometric Association recommends the following:
- Between six and nine months: first eye exam;
- Between the age of 2 and 5 years: at least one eye examination;
- Between the age of 6 and 19 years: a complete eye exam once a year;
- Between the age of 20 and 39 years: a complete eye examination every one to two years;
- Between the age of 40 and 64: a complete eye exam every two years;
- From 65 years old: a complete eye exam once a year.
A person’s eye care needs are very case specific and so the above recommendations may not apply in all cases.