We offer a package to employers that allow their employees to:
- Have their eyes examined at preferential rates
- Purchase spectacles for visual display unit (VDU) and general usage, if required, at a discount
- Receive comprehensive eyecare service at reduced cost
The scheme is targeted at those employers who want to safeguard productivity and at the same time provide some benefits to their employees to improve their health and wellness.
How it works
The scheme is designed to be simple for both employers and employees. The employer can assess the service through authorization forms. Employers just need to follow the following steps below:
1. Call at our clinic to set up the Scheme (Please call us for a Service Contract).
2. Make eye examination appointments for your staff.
Once we have confirmed receipt of your service contract, appointments can be booked for employees.
- Your staff may call us directly themselves, or you may elect to make bookings on their behalf.
- Give each employee attending a signed authorization form to bring with them to the examination. (Authorization forms/voucher will be supplied by us to you).
After The Examination
We will give you and the employee a post examination report detailing the findings and clarifying whether spectacles are required specifically for VDU, general use or not.
The post examination report will specify whether single vision or multifocal spectacles are required or if your employee needs another form of treatment for his or her eye/vision challenges.
With authorization forms we will send you an itemized invoice at the end of each month for all the employees who have attended in that period for verification with copies of authorisation forms issued to you.
Payment can then be made to De-Lens Ophthalmics Ltd through a bank draft, cheque or E-payment system. Payment made through this option attracts a monthly surcharge of 20% if not paid within one month of presentation of bill.
- No set-up cost
- Cost Control: Employers are able to pay on behalf of those personnel who require them discounted standard prescription lenses at set prices:
- N8,500 for single vision
- N10,500 for bifocals
- N15,000 for progressives
- Costs saving: The eye examination fee is reduced to N4, 000per employee (usual cost N5, 000)
- Minimal administration: One single monthly invoice.
- Ease: The scheme is easy to implement and to explain to employees.
- Awareness of your employees’ visual status : A full report following the examination is sent to the employer, which clearly states whether corrective glasses are required specifically for VDU or for general use
- Discounts: Privilege 10% discounts for you, your staff and your families, on other spectacle purchases at De-Lens Ophthalmics
- Savings: Save up to 10% on cost for managing minor ocular infections, contact lens fitting and materials (primary plan members only)
- A way to demonstrate genuine concern for staff welfare while getting the most improved services from staff
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Full ocular screening as standard in all examinations to check the health of the eyes.
- Targeted tests to investigate both computer and non computer related problems.
- Holistic advice and explanation on achieving optimal visual comfort.
- A stylish range of VDU spectacles to choose from.
- The flexibility to upgrade from the set price range.
- 5% discount on upgrades and future purchases for you and nominated friends or family.
Our Assurances to Employers
Our staffs are all professionally trained in the correct interpretation of our agreement with you and as such you can be confident that while providing excellent clinical care, only that proportion of the cost which is agreed to be borne by the company in respect of spectacle, VDU specific prescriptions, and other services will be charged to you.
We place a large emphasis on high levels of customer service in dealings with both companies at corporate level and their individual employees. We pride ourselves on our ability to get things right first time, thus ensuring minimum time outlay or inconvenience for busy staff.
There are no upfront charges or set up costs.
Eye Examinations – Per Employee N4, 000
For VDU specific prescriptions, we can supply lenses at the following costs:
- Single Vision N10, 500
- Bifocal N13,500
- Progressives N18,500
Note: Your organization must have 10 or more employees to take advantage.
We have wide range of quality, affordable, stylish and study optical frames that will suite your work and lifestyle. Employees just have to follow the approval given in the authorization form for optical frames.
The eye exam is comprehensive and not just a quick VDU vision test:
- It checks all aspects of ocular health and function, screening for glaucoma and other abnormalities such as diabetic eye disease and dry eye disease *
- It investigates all visual complaints both VDU and non-VDU related.
- It utilizes specially designed software based tests, produced by Top Vision Professional and Rodenstock to investigate common problem areas.
- It incorporates Optimized VDU Prescribing. This is the calculation of the specific prescription required for each individuals work station set up, to ensure the best display screen comfort and clarity.
* Advance glaucoma and diabetic screening are charged separately but at reduced cost
Optional Additional Tests
As well as checking for focusing defects, we investigate other common problems associated with computer use, such as Dry Eyes.
Initial screening for these conditions is done as part of every examination. Employees can also elect to pay separately for more extensive investigation for specific more complex problems or for advanced screening:
Dry Eye Analysis
One of the most common complaints of VDU user are that of ‘dry feeling’, sore eyes. Contact lens wearers especially suffer from this problem and we can give advice on ways of improving comfort. Our Optometrists keep abreast of the latest research in this area including new contact lens material technology, specifically designed to counteract dehydration.
Advanced Glaucoma and Diabetic Retinopathy Exam with Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- The newest defense against vision loss: The OCT eye wellness exam (A non-invasive “optical biopsy “of the retina using only light); is a True Revolutionary in the Diagnosis of Eye-Retinal Diseases including glaucoma “the silent thief of sight”.
Visual Field Examination
Is one of the advanced techniques used to screen for eye diseases and neurological defects.
A permanent record is created of all the visual field, which is used to compare against at future examinations.
Visual field examination allows for the detection of subtle visual loss and neurological changes, which can lead to much earlier disease detection and management.
Night and Color Vision Test for Drivers
Because people now in their 40’s and older will likely maintain active lifestyles during the next few decades, a record number of senior drivers will be on highways in the years ahead. At De-Lens, in order to maintain clear, comfortable and glare free vision, we offer such persons routine night and color vision test. We go further to ameliorate any discomfort arising from glare.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Delens Corporate Eyecare Scheme
What Must Employers Do?
|On an accepting our offer to institute a Corporate Eyecare Benefit Scheme employers may agree to arrange and pay for an eye examination for those employees who request one.How Often?Subsequent follow up eye tests may be provided at regular intervals – usually every 2 years. The interval is based on recommendations from the examining optometrist and may be sooner depending on individual circumstances.Additional interim eye tests may be provided and paid for at any time, if an employee requests it or experiences difficulty with their sight.What Else?
Professionally we advise that employers pay for any spectacles that are required specifically for VDU work in other to get the best from their employee.
Yes – If employer decide to enroll in this scheme, it is advisable that the staff be well informed on the benefit of this scheme. We can come in here through our filers and lectures.
Does The Employer Have To Pay For All Their Employees Glasses?
No, the employer may choose to pay for those that are ‘specifically for VDU use’. Some employers however voluntarily choose to make a contribution to all of their staffs’ spectacles, regardless of use, as part of an employee benefits package.
Note: The Factory Act stipulates the protection of eyes of employees involved in certain processes. Therefore, for the purpose of the Act, it is the legal responsibility of the employer to provide protective goggles for such employees.
What Does Glasses ‘Specifically For VDU Use’ Mean?
These are glasses that are formulated to focus specifically at the distance that the computer is placed. The power of these spectacles will be different to any that the employee uses for other tasks.
Which Employees Need These ‘VDU Glasses’?
Generally most employees aged around 40 and over will require glasses with a separate and special power for looking at the computer. This is because as eyes age, they lose their ability to adjust their focusing for different distances.
Occasionally some younger people will also experience focusing difficulties or fatigue and may require glasses solely for computer use.
What Type Of Spectacles Are These VDU Glasses?
They look just like normal glasses – no special frame type is required. The lenses are supplied in either single vision or multifocal form.
What Are Single Vision Lenses?
These are lenses with a single power only. The same power is at the top, middle and bottom of the lens
What Are Bifocals and Progressives Lenses? (Multifocals)
These are lenses that have more than one power in them. Progressive lenses change in power gradually, starting from the top of the lens and continuing down to the bottom. They look like normal single vision lenses. Different parts of the lens focus for different distances. The wearer adjusts the position of their head and or eyes to look through the necessary part of the lens. Bifocal lenses have two different powers: one at the top and a separate one at the bottom. The two powers are separated by a visible line.
Who Will Need Single Vision And Who Will Need Multifocals?
In general single vision spectacles are adequate for those under 40 as they require the same power to focus at all distances. A person in this category can see perfectly for the far distance, reading and computer wearing the same lens strength. As the eyes age however multifocals become necessary as different lens powers are needed for different tasks. Multifocals also give the added convenience of not having to constantly change from one pair of glasses to another, or take glasses on and off. We will supply a report following the examination, of what if anything is required.
Am I Obligated To Pay The Whole Cost Of Any Necessary Spectacles?
Employers are obligated to pay for any required goggles for factory workers. These goggles however do not have to be more than a basic pair. However, an employer on enrolling in this scheme may decide to provide spectacles for VDU as well as for regular use. At De-Lens Ophthalmics we can provide such a pair for N8, 500 in single vision form, N10, 500 in Bifocal form or N15, 000 in progressive form. These prices are inclusive of both the frame and lenses.
What If The Staff Want To Choose Something Else?
Employees are free to upgrade to more expensive frame and lens options and pay any difference in costs themselves. We stock a huge range of the latest designer frames and supply lenses from leading name brands such as Essilor. Our frames and sunglasses collection is acknowledged to be one of the largest and best in Abuja, indeed outside of Lagos.
Terms and Conditions Apply.